BA (Hons), MPH, MACP
Rebecca has long sustained and fostered a passion for understanding people and how they go about their lives After completing an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Master of Public Health, and a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Rebecca went on to develop a wealth of professional experience in the field of mental health in both the public and private sectors. Rebecca has experience in individual psychotherapy, couples therapy/counselling, walk-in and crisis counselling, curriculum planning and development, as well as public health awareness.
Since March 2020, Rebecca's focus has been the psychotherapeutic services provided via her private practice, Uniquely You Counselling and Psychotherapy. Initially launched in the city of Barrie, Ontario, Uniquely You has now expanded across the southern region of the province; and with that, has moved to a strictly online platform.
Rebecca is dedicated to creating a safe, comfortable, and natural space for people to show up as who they really are. You will often hear Rebecca say "I'm human, too" which is an example of how Rebecca shows up real with people like yourself. There is never judgment; there is only room for clarity and growth.
- While the treatments, interventions, approaches, and educational components are all evidence-based, Rebecca always emphasizes the "real world" element.
- Rebecca is always in touch with her stance on "being human too." For you, this means therapy will be understanding and compassionate. There is never any judgment.
- In good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario; a member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association; and committed to ongoing learning and professional development, Rebecca provides services that reflect the unique role of professional helping/healing.
- Including, but not limited to, CBT, narrative-therapy, psychodynamic theory, mindfulness, client-centered, DBT, and many more, Rebecca utilizes treatments and interventions that are supported by evidence.
- Every client is unique; and this is the bottom line at Uniquely You. Rebecca tailors the process of treatment to each and every individual or couple based on their unique circumstances, goals, needs, and desires.